New Year’s resolutions are solely made for goals and never-ending promises of finally changing lifestyle in the upcoming year. The idea of resolutions is capable of people valuing the struggle of transforming an old habit to mold their new ideal selves. Like what the old and cliche saying suggests, “new year, new me.” Some aim to have a healthier body, better mental health, and of course, an improved physical appearance. When we make our list, changes in hair color, nails, and sometimes, alterations in our faces are present for sure. Are you looking for the best medical procedure for you to achieve these alterations? Buckle up because Botox® Cosmetic has it all for you!
What is Botox® Cosmetic?
Botox is a toxin and protein made from Botulinum toxin, which causes the bacteria botulism.
If botox is bacteria, why is it beneficial in the medical field?
When doctors use botox correctly and in small doses, it can be advantageous. It has benefits in the cosmetic and medical fields. Botox is perfect for treating skin issues such as wrinkles and more.
The Food and Drug Administration approved BOTOX® for cosmetic use in 2002 and is the number one selling product of the beauty industry. A tremendous and crucial tip is that having a skilled injector is key to having successful results, so make sure to choose wisely.
Cosmetic VS. Medical Use of Botox® Cosmetic
When it comes to cosmetic usage, Botox® Cosmetic’s primary target is reducing the appearance of facial wrinkles. Since it is safe and is FDA approved, many people, especially aging ones, have tried this. According to a study, botox is frequently used in addressing horizontal creases in the forehead, wrinkles between eyebrows and wrinkles around the eyes, and lines at the corner of the mouth.
Although it may sound like it addresses everything already, the FDA only approved botox injections on the forehead and around the eyes. There is little to no evidence that botox injections also enhance hair appearances. However, few have tried this.
Medical usage of botox affects the neuromuscular system and is only most applicable to 18 years old and older. Botox is most effective in hyperhidrosis, migraine prevention, blepharospasm, and many more. People also use Botox for psoriasis, alopecia, post-herpetic neuralgia, vulvodynia, and more. However, all of these are unapproved and untested.
What are the advantages of Botox® Cosmetic?
Like other facial procedures, Botox® Cosmetic promises several advantages that will surely hook you. I mean, there is a reason why botox injections are one of the most popular cosmetic and beauty procedures in the market. Seven billion people opted for botox treatments in 2016. So why are people so invested in the treatment? It is time to find out. Here are some advantages that Botox® Cosmetic gives:
- Botox® Cosmetic is a wrinkle solution that is non-surgical: Most beauty procedures have the advantage of saying goodbye to wrinkles. However, some of these are surgical and risky. Botox® Cosmetic is minimally invasive and is perfect for aging people who are not in the best condition for surgery.
- You do not have to wait for the results: Yes! It is not too good to be true because Botox® Cosmetic provides results immediately. There can be side effects such as swelling and redness, but it will vanish after as you notice your wrinkles and fine lines disappear as well. Generally, it can last for three months, but it can last longer with consistency.
- Botox® Cosmetic magically turns you back in time: Unlike other procedures that only reduce signs of aging, Botox® Cosmetic erases signs of aging entirely. The injection eliminates crow’s feet, drooping brows, and frown lines between the eyebrows.
- The injections are perfectly safe: Some may have warned you about scams and even the risks of botox injections. But do not worry because Botox® Cosmetic is entirely secure. A medical professional will conduct the infusion, so you are in good hands. There have been zero reported cases of tragic botox results.
- Botox® Cosmetic is well-timed: Botox injections are best for saving your time with everyone’s busy lives. In 15 minutes, you will feel revitalized and refreshed without even suffering from severe side effects.
All of these benefits are testified already by several first-hand triers. However, remember that results may vary because we have different skin types.
What are all the other facts about Botox® Cosmetic?
Procedure: The procedure will start with your medical provider diluting the powder in saline then directly injecting it into neuromuscular tissue. The process is done swiftly through the use of injections with tiny needles. You do not need anesthesia as it will only give slight discomfort. Some sources say it takes 7-14 days to full effect, and some say 24- 72 hours. You should avoid drinking alcohol a week before the procedure and stop taking aspirin or any anti-inflammatory medicines two weeks before the treatment.
After the procedure, it would be safe to avoid rubbing the injected sites for 24 hours so the botox will not spread to other areas. It will help if you avoid exercising for a day. Remember that your doctor will tell you to stay upright for 4 hours straight after the treatment.
Duration: As mentioned earlier, the treatment can last 3-12 months, but it is vital to take it every 4-6 months for better and long-lasting results.
Worst Candidate: It is not best for you to undergo botox injections if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, and have an allergic reaction to the solution or any of its ingredients.
Cost: Honestly, there is no given general price of botox injections. However, the crow’s feet cost $376. Unfortunately, this is not covered in insurance because it is cosmetic. But to make sure, check and talk to your insurance about it.
Side effects: Side effects are unusual. However, it depends on your body on how it will respond to the injection. Some may experience unfortunate side effects like bruising, numbness, eye dryness, temporary eyelid drooping, swelling around injection sites, severe tearing, urinary problems, weakness in muscles, and more. But do not worry about all of these because these are all temporary. If these side effects worsen, make sure to notify your provider immediately.
Now it is time to achieve one of your new year’s resolutions and check Botox® Cosmetic on your list. Clueless on where to find the perfect clinic for you? My Aesthetic Studio is just around the corner! A group of medical professionals with decades of experience will delicately take care of your skin along with your inside and outside self.
Are you ready to get a fresher look this new year? Opt for Botox® Cosmetic today and stay in touch with the best medical spa in town! Consult, refresh and embrace the latest version of yourself.